Cultural/intercultural Mediator course 1500 hours
Accredited institute by the Ministry
Funded training voucher
Payment by instalments without any additional cost
E-learning platform available 24/7
Professionals will guarantee you assistance by telephone and skype
Lessons are available within 24 hours of registration
Italian Public Administration e-Marketplace (MePA)
In Italy, in the 1980s and '90s the exigence of mediation began owing to the increase of foreign people at schools and public services (administration, safety, law, healthcare and information points). The cultural mediator (CM) operates in the field of social work; the CM carries out mediation activities between immigrants and the host society to break down cultural and linguistic barriers. A cultural mediator promotes socio-economic integration, considering rights and obligations in Italy, in particular in order to access public and private services. The cultural mediator collaborates with bodies and public or private institutions, to offer immigrants the given benefits and to make difficult communication easier and less stressful to avoid misunderstanding or conflicts.
The aim of this online course in Cultural mediator
This course aims to provide a basic knowledge and soft and vocational skills required for the CM’s profession. The tasks CMs perform are several and varied: they strengthen the connection between immigrants who belong to different cultures, and associations, health care settings, services and local and national institutions, with the aim of satisfying the integration needs of each individual.
- This course gives you 60 ECTS and let you enrol directly in the second year of the degree course in Linguistic Mediation Science, shortening the entire course by up to one year;
- Opportunity to obtain a work exemption acknowledgement, with PERMISSIONS, thanks to the right to education of 150 hours per year, in accordance with the current legislation;
- Professional training credits a freelancers, public or private employees registered in Orders/Professional registers/Councils.
- The training course is partially funded thanks to the funded training voucher, available by 30/06/2019. The total investment is € 999.00, but thanks to this voucher you will pay only € 649.00, VAT included;
- Payment by instalment: initial registration fee (€ 249.00) and payment by balance (€ 400.00) at the end of the course, without any additional cost.
Compatibility of the funded training voucher and the” € 500.00 teacher’s card”. ICOTEA is a ministerial learning institute accredited by the MIUR, in accordance with the Directive 170/16, Dealer code ZAIXV. Teachers can enrol in our courses taking advantage of the Teacher’s card.
When does this course start?
- This course will start within 24 hours of registration. We will send the registration procedure and access key to your email address, so you will be able to access lessons immediately;
- You have to enrol by 30/06/2019;
- For access, click the yellow rectangle on the right of this page “Enrol to the course”;
- This funded course consists of 1500 hours;
- You can attend other academic courses at the same time.
You can render services to:
- School of each grade/even for children
- Family clinics
- Foreign offices
- Employment centres
- Social services
- Accommodation centres etc.
- Opportunity to take advantage of the right to education of 150 hours per year, in accordance with the current legislation;
- Blended lessons and exams (online + video conferencing + video lessons);
- The training portal is available 24/7;
- Follow your lessons (online + video conferencing + video lessons) from your computer, whenever and wherever you want;
- Lessons are available within 24 hours of registration;
- A tutor will answer your questions within 24 hours.
High school diploma or an equivalent certificate conferred by Italian or foreign schools.
- Cultural mediator
- Intercultural communication
- Sociology about cultural processes
- English language I
- Immigration and human rights (part I and II)
- Protection measures for migrants
- French language I
- Immigration and the Italian law
- The foreigner in Italy
- The reception system
- English literature
- Cultural mediation in Europe
- French literature
- Cultural mediator in schools
- Cultural mediator in the health care field
- Cultural mediator in the penitentiary field
- Conflicts in mediation
- Mediator’s ethical code
- Final exam
Contact us for any further information and enjoy our special training offer.