Degree in Linguistic mediation science
The degree course in Linguistic mediation science lasts three years and provides 180 ECTS. It allows students to acquire a cultural and linguistic deep knowledge in English and French. It aims to provide sectoral technical linguistic competencies, both oral and written, required in the world of work. ICOTEA is authorised to provide this degree course by the MIUR (Ministry of Public Education, University and Research), M.D. dated 23 September 2013, published in O.J. n. 242 dated 15 October 2013. The certificate granted by ICOTEA has the same legal value of certificates conferred by universities, in accordance with the M.D. n. 38 dated 10 January 2002. Occupational opportunities: career advancement for those who already work, freelancing activities both in public and private institutions. It is your working passport in Italy and abroad.
- It is an e-learning degree course, so you can work and study at the same time. It is a very convenient solution;
- Belonging to the category L-12, you can use it in public competitions aimed to the recruitment of teaching staff;
- You can take part in school rankings concerning auxiliary staff members and Italian language teachers abroad;
- You can take part in military competitions. This degree is considered as a certificate of merit;
- Mobility CCNI MIUR (ministry of EDucation, University and Research) 11/04/17. Bachelo's degree in Linguistic Mediation Science issues 3 points for mobility for teachers, educators and ATA staff (administrative, technical and auxiliavy staff) academic year 2017/18.
- Opportunity to obtain a work exemption acknowledgement, with PERMISSIONS, thanks to the right to education of 150 hours per year, in accordance with the current legislation.
- The degree course is partially funded thanks to the training voucher, available by 31/01/2019. The total investment is € 1,500.00, but thanks to this voucher you will pay only € 1,199.00, VAT included;
- Payment by instalments: initial registration fee (€ 399.00) and payment by balance (€ 800.00) at the end of the academic year, without any additional cost.
- Compatibility of the funded training voucher and the” € 500.00 teacher’s card”. ICOTEA is a ministerial learning institute accredited by the MIUR, in accordance with the Directive 170/16 Dealer code ZAIXV. Teachers can enrol in our courses taking advantage of the Teacher’s card.
When does this degree course start?
- This degree course will start within 24 hours of registration. We will send the registration procedure and access key to your email address, so you will be able to access lessons immediately;
- You have to enrol by 31/01/2019;
- For access, click the yellow rectangle on the right of this page “Enrol to the course”;
- You can’t attend other academic courses at the same time, according to the current legislation.
ICOTEA is authorised by the MIUR (Ministry of Public Education, University and Research) with the Ministerial Decree of 23 September published in the Official journal n.242 of 15 October 2013. The certificate granted by ICOTEA has the same legal value of certificates conferred by universities, according to the Ministerial decree n.38 of 10 January 2002. It is valid in Italy and abroad; you can use it for:
- Career advancement (rankings and public competitions)
- Freelancers (linguistic mediator, cultural mediator, cultural and linguistic consultant in information centres, associations, cooperatives, companies, agencies of paperwork processing which operate in the field of immigration, translator and interpreter, tour guide, linguistic assistance in international companies, etc..)
- Public sector (competitions in public administration or other bodies: Districts, in particular in the social services sector, local health authority, clinics, hospitals, ministries, embassies, regions, courts, chambers of commerce, museums, prisons, public schools, UN, the international office of commerce, FAO, etc.)
- Private sector (tertiary/social sector, cooperatives, services companies, web and e-commerce agencies, companies that operate in Italy and abroad, banks, cruises, national and international airline companies, travel agencies, resorts and tour operators).
- Students who have already sat academic exams, must click on the right in this page “ECTS acknowledgment” and attach the academic document related to passed examinations. We will answer you within 24 hours;
- If you attended the advanced training course in intercultural/cultural mediator (1500 hours), we can recognise 60 ECTS. Once you obtain this certificate you can directly enrol in the second academic year of the degree course in linguistic mediation science.
- The right to education gives you 150 hours per year for your training;
- Both exams and lessons are online;
- The training portal is available 24/7;
- Follow your lessons whenever and wherever you want;
- A tutor will answer your questions within 24 hours;
- Exam at the end of each subject;
- You will sit each exam according to a timetable;
- Examinations and marks will be registered in your electronic academic record.
- No entrance exam.
- High school diploma or an equivalent certificate conferred by Italian or foreign schools.
First academic year
- Italian literature
- English I
- French I
- English literature
- French literature
- Italian contemporary literature
- Business organisation
- Public law
Second academic year
- Theory and philosophy of languages
- English II
- French II
- Linguistic mediation English – Italian I
- Linguistic mediation French - Italian I
- European financial law
- Financial sciences
Third academic year
- Linguistic mediation Italian – English II
- Linguistic mediation Italian – French II
- Contemporary history
- European union Law
- Private law
- Final exam
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. Enjoy the advantages of Distance Learning.