Single courses to be integrated into the curriculum
Do you need to supplement single courses on your curriculum or earn the 24 ECTS to participate in the school competitions for teachers?
Choose the single courses of ICOTEA!
At the Advanced School for Linguistic Mediators ICOTEA, authorized by Miur with the Decree of 23/09/2013 – G.U. n. 242 of 15/10/2013. It is possible to follow a single course activated in the bachelor’s degree in Linguistic Mediation Sciences.
Those in possession of a High School Diploma, a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree and students enrolled in Courses of Study at any University may enrol in single teaching courses activated at the bachelor’s degree in Linguistic Mediation Sciences, as well as be authorized to take the relative exams and receive regular certification.
The course, whose grade will be marked out of 30, can be used to fill specific training debts necessary for the acquisition of curricular requirements for enrolment in a Master’s degree with open access or in Schools of Specialization, for professional or competitive purposes, in which a cultural and scientific update or a particular refinement of acquired skills is required. During this period the courses are delivered in blended mode.
- To register in the ICOTEA e-learning platform: log in with a username, password and facial recognition system.
- The final exam (to be done in 60 minutes) consists of 20 multiple choices questions you can do in the e-learning platform and an oral exam. If you do not achieve the mark of 18/30, you can try again the test, with no additional costs.
- To complete the final exam, the teacher, through the ZOOM platform, will ask you to attend an oral exam (before the exam you’ll receive the guide on how to register in ZOOM). The questions will focus on the main subjects you studied during the online course.
- At the end of the Course, ICOTEA will verify the “Access Report” and will release the final certificate only if all the lessons are downloaded and you pass the written exam (multiple choices test) and the oral exam. Otherwise, you will receive an e-mail to complete your course;
- You can download the final certificate directly on the e-learning platform, only after having passed the final exams, paid the remaining costs and at the end of all the duration of the course.
Single courses are eligible:
- Graduates who need to follow the teachings and pass the examinations of profit of disciplines not included in the curriculum for the achievement of the Bachelor’s degree but which, according to the provisions in force, are required for Master’s degree, schools of specialization or public competitions;
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor’s Degree of SSML ICOTEA who intent to integrate their curriculum with additional exams;
- Foreign university students enrolled at foreign universities, as part of international mobility programs and agreements governed by reciprocity conditions, subject to verification and approval by the competent consular authorities;
- Foreign university students enrolled at foreign universities who request enrolment in individual courses on their initiative, subject to verification and approval by the competent consular authorities;
- People, in possession of a secondary school diploma, not enrolled in courses of study at other universities, AFAM institutions and academies, for cultural updating and integration of professional skills.
It is possible to enrol in single courses for a total number of single courses corresponding to a maximum of 60 ECTS achievable per academic year. The attendance and the credits acquired by passing the exams related to the single courses can be recognized and validated in case of subsequent enrolment in the Bachelor’s Degree.
24 ECTS for teacher competition!
ICOTEA has set up five single courses for the School sector, to grant the ECTS.
Four single courses generate 6 ECTS each and are:
- Social pedagogy and Inclusive teaching (M-PED/03) 150 hours – 6 ECTS
- Psychology (M-PSI/04) 150 hours – 6 ECTS
- Anthropology (M-DEA/01) 150 hours – 6 ECTS
- General educational and digital methodologies (M-PED/04) 150 hours – 6 ECTS
The fifth single course is cumulative, produces 24 ECTS, has a duration of 5 months, and includes, in one go, the four required disciplines:
- 24 ECTS: Special Pedagogy and Inclusive teaching (M-PED) + Psychology (M-PSI) + Anthropology (M-DEA/01 – M-FIL/03 – L-ART/08) + General educational and digital methodologies (M-PED/03 – M-PED/04) – 600 hours.
Attendance at one of the five single courses allows you to obtain a certification issued by E-Campus, which prepares and validates the exams and issued the 24 ETCs in the anthropological-psycho-pedagogical disciplines and educational and digital methodologies, useful for participation in the teacher competition.